Has responsibility for the efficient and accurate ordering and processing of real estate appraisals for the Bank. Ensures the process is completed in a timely manner and follows the process from the initial appraisal request to the receipt and review of the completed appraisal. This includes payment processing and documentation compilation.
Knowledge: A college degree in a business related area, or equivalent experience as indicated below, is the general requirement. Knowledge of the real estate business and specific knowledge of real estate appraisals is required. Must have an understanding of office procedures, protocol and equipment. A general understanding of Bank products, services and departmental functions is essential, specifically in the areas of commercial real estate and appraisal ordering functions. Must have a general knowledge of banking terms and real estate policies.
Experience: A minimum of one year of real estate experience with a degree is required. At least four years of real estate experience without a degree is acceptable. Previous banking experience would be helpful.
Skills: Must be detail-oriented and able to work under the stress of high volumes of work and deadlines Strong written and verbal communications skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech are required. Manual dexterity is necessary. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, listening and concentration are required. Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material. The ability to work under stressful conditions is essential. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Oversees and facilitates the ordering and reviewing of real estate appraisals for real estate secured loans.
- Processes incoming appraisal request orders from the lending staff on a daily basis within specific deadlines.
- Monitors the current status of each appraisal assignment throughout the stages of the appraisal process and tracks the progress.
- Receives completed appraisals. Logs and coordinates the review of the appraisals according to Bank procedures.
- Reviews real estate valuations for completeness.
- Assesses the compliance and validity of real state valuations.
- Develops and maintains an updated list of approved appraisers.
- Secures the services of appraisers as needed.
- Processes appraisal invoices with the appropriate approval signature prior to forwarding them for payment.
- Maintains and develops internal quarterly reporting.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Bank’s services and take opportunities to sell and cross-sell products and services when possible.
- Performs other duties as required.