City Executive Officer I
Under the general direction of the Commercial Banking Manager, assumes responsibility for managing a city's main office and branches. Oversees the daily operations of the office and assures customer and staff needs are being met. Participates in the Bank's business development efforts and takes advantage of opportunities to build business by developing relationships in the community. Makes quality consumer and commercial loans within specified limits. Supervises officers and other branch personnel.
- A four-year degree in a business-related subject or the equivalent experience
- Must possess a thorough understanding of branch banking, credit analysis, compliance procedures and the banking regulatory environment, especially concerning commercial lending.
- Additional courses through AIB or other banking educational programs
- Familiarity with the overall aspects of retail banking, commercial lending, loan structuring, credit and the supportive administrative functions in a commercial bank
- Well-developed management and sales expertise
- Proven experience evaluating and motivating a staff
- Expertise developing business in key markets
- A minimum of five years’ branch banking and/or commercial and consumer lending experience is preferred.
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- The ability to listen to staff and customer needs and determine the most advantageous options that will increase production and elevate Bank revenues. Proficient computer skills are required with expertise on Microsoft systems
- The ability to prepare and conduct performance appraisals that will motivate the staff to perform at high levels and strive to exceed goals.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, dexterity and speech are required. A valid North Carolina driver’s license is required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to meet the essential functions of the position.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, listening and concentration are required. Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material. The ability to work under stressful conditions is essential. Must be able to meet deadlines and motivate a staff to work efficiently and within specific time constraints.
- Manages the daily operations of the branch offices.
- Acts as the Bank’s primary representative in respective market, being visible to customers and potential customers by representing the Bank in civic and professional organizations in order to promote the Bank's visibility and reputation.
- Provides leadership to branch staff in developing customer base and selling bank services.
- Responsible for consumer and commercial loans, past dues, insuring accuracy and completeness of documentation of loan as appropriate.
- Responsible for new business development and growth, retention and expansion of existing business through sale of bank products and services.
- Manages the loan portfolio so as to ensure that loans are appropriately risk graded and technical exceptions are minimized.
- Ensures adequate staffing of branches and appropriate performance of branch staff, including timely annual reviews of personnel as appropriate.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Serves in other capacities as directed by managing officer and as required for
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.