Develops a range of Bank-wide training programs designed to provide specific knowledge or skills to employees. Designs training programs for management and staff concerning specific topics that are relevant to the needs of the Bank. Increases the continuity of service for customers as a result of staff training, specifically in the area of product knowledge and service integration. Trains new employees in the areas of benefits, harassment, Bank systems, and other pertinent topics. Stays abreast of enhancements made to the Bank’s systems in order to design programs and train the staff when necessary.
- A thorough knowledge of branch processes and procedures
- An understanding of a Bank’s products and services
- A four-year college degree or equivalent branch banking experience
- Knowledge of specific policies and procedures for various areas of the Bank
- An understanding of training technique
- A minimum of five years banking experience
- Teller and customer service and lending exposure
- Some experience in a direct training environment or in a classroom setting
- Experience with the development of a Bank’s products and services
- Well-refined verbal and written communications skills
- Organizational capabilities and self-directed project development skills
- Proficiency with the PC and related training software
- The ability to conduct stand-up training classes where a large amount of information is presented
- The ability to motivate
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, speech are required. Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid North Carolina driver’s license. Heavy lifting, stooping, bending and walking may be necessary. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to listen, reason, think, concentrate and interact with others. The ability to exercise self-control and work under stressful conditions is necessary, particularly in customer relations’ situations. Must be able to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Works with management to design training programs for the Bank that enhances the ability of the staff to perform the essential functions of their positions.
- Designs and conducts training classes in such topics as harassment, ethics, supervisory skills and other leadership areas.
- Stays abreast of the products and services of the Bank and changes or upgrades to those services. Designs training programs to assure the staff is aware of the changes and upgrades.
- Designs and trains the staff concerning platform upgrades and enhancements.
- Works with appropriate new employees including tellers, CSRs and lenders to assure they are aware of the policies, procedures, systems and benefits of the Bank. May assist with New Employee Orientation.
- Attends appropriate training programs to stay up-to-date with the latest trends in training, and to learn about new products and services the Bank is offering.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.