Customer Service Representative
Serves new and existing customers in branch office. Assists them by providing information, answering their questions about products and services, and offering them appropriate services and products. Receives customers and directs them to the appropriate staff member for assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
- Account opening requirements and requirements for check issuance
- Courses in banking
- Knowledge of bank operations, State and Federal regulations and security
- Teller and bookkeeping experience
- Experience making decisions concerning the feasibility of opening accounts
- Discussing product details with customers
- Two years’ branch banking experience in a commercial bank
- Proficiency with the adding machine
- Strong PC skills especially with programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to listen and make decisions concerning customer needs
- Sales skills to adequately determine products and services that will provide the best service to customers
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech and manual dexterity are required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to listen, reason, think, concentrate and interact with others. The ability to exercise self-control and work under stressful conditions is necessary, particularly in customer relations’ situations. Must be able to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Acts as a salesperson for the Bank, actively endorsing its products and services.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the Bank's products and services, and maintains an awareness of the products and services of its competitors.
- Explains the Bank's services to customers and potential customers. Opens new accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness of all documentation.
- Recognizes customers' needs and cross-sells services.
- Researches customer accounts to resolve problems and answer customers' questions.
- Recognizes customers who have need of consumer and commercial loans and other Bank services, and introduces them to the appropriate staff member.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Bank's services and takes opportunities to sell and cross-sell products and services when possible.
- Perform other duties as required.