Deposit Operations Assistant I
Performs various operational functions pertaining to the processing of items and researches documents for the Bank that are operational in nature. Is responsible for daily activities related to the bookkeeping and processing of items. Inputs data for the verification and transmission of funds and works with the branch system to assure their processes are in compliance with Bank guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- General understanding of the banking cycle
- Knowledge of the inter-dependencies of the various departments with a bank
- Specific knowledge of the Federal Reserve process
- Understanding of the products and services offered by banking institutions
Understanding of bank procedures and why they are followed
- One year financial experience in a banking environment
- Bank operations experience
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency with the calculator
- Proficiency with computer operations, typing, and PC software applicable to bank operations
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech and manual dexterity are required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, and the ability to work with detailed information are necessary. Must be able to communicate with employees and customers on an on-going basis.
- Is responsible for Imaging document management.
- Is responsible for daily NSF/Non-Post and chargeback review and input for branches.
- Serves as backup to Safe Deposit Box Coordinator.
- Works with office personnel to research and resolve customer problems.Completes entries to accounts as necessary.
- Inputs, verifies, and transmits wire transfers, TT&L, cash orders, ACH returns, Travelers Cheques sales, and savings bonds orders.
- Serves as back-up to IOP Coordinator.
- Assist with branch audits and compliance reviews.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.