Deposit Operations Manager
This position is responsible for supporting the Deposit Operations area of the Bank. Ensures operational activities run smoothly and efficiently. Performs direct supervisory duties of the Deposit Operation Assistants and the Couriers.
- Two-year degree with previous bank operations experience
- In-depth knowledge of internal bank operations procedures including DDA, savings, and item processing functions
- Technical knowledge of computer and imaging processes (hardware, software and network) to support banking functions
- Degree in a business-related major
- Various AIB courses
- Five years directly related bank operations experience including ATM, ACH and wire transfer processing and balancing
- Proficient in banking regulatory requirements
- Supervisory or management experience
- Computer administration, system analysis and networking
- Detail-oriented, analytical and have a good sense of operational and back-office processes and procedures
- Well-developed managerial, human relations and communications skills
- Ability to analyze systems and research options for bank operations and work flow procedures
- PC adept with skills on Microsoft systems
- Efficient organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech and manual dexterity are required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, listening and concentration are required. Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material. The ability to work under stressful conditions is essential. Must be able to meet deadlines and motivate a staff to work efficiently and within specific time constraints.
- Works with branch administration staff in all related areas of deposit operations.
- Ensures that all corporate and customer records are maintained in an accurate, current, and secure manner.
- Has responsibility for the implementation of deposit products on the core system.
- Manages the ATM network.
- Has responsibility for the establishment of sound policies and procedures for the deposit operations function and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of all Regs, and Bank Deposit Operational Procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Bank’s services and take opportunities to sell and cross-sell products and services when possible.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as required.