Document Review Specialist
Reviews commercial and consumer loan documentation to ensure all of the required documentation is complete, accurate, and compliant. Manages the loan exception process including noting, following up, and clearing the exceptions. Manages consumer loan compliance function including Reg Z, RESPA, HMDA, and Flood Insurance. Maintains various reports for the branch and for management pertaining to loan documentation exceptions.
- High school education or equivalent with additional training in accounting and/or bookkeeping
- A working knowledge of regulations governing the loan process
- Specific lending classes through AIB.
- A minimum of three years loan operations or lending experience
- Experience working with typical consumer and commercial loan products.
- The ability to work in an area where detail and accuracy are critical
- The ability to compile data, analyze results and prepare reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, dexterity and speech are required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Ability to learn quickly, think critically, concentrate on detailed work, meet aggressive deadlines, and cooperate and collaborate well with others as a member of a team.
- Reviews consumer and commercial loan documentation for document, policy and compliance exceptions.
- Verifies the accuracy of loan information as input to the loan system and that loans are booked as approved.
- Maintains the exception report for all branches.
- Maintains the Supervisory Loan to Value Report.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Bank’s services and take opportunities to sell and cross-sell products and services when possible.
- Serves in other capacities as directed by the supervisor as required for successful operation of the Bank.
- Performs other duties as required.