Loan Officer Assistant
Processes documentation for consumer and commercial loan files according to specific lending requirements imposed by regulatory guidelines. Provides assistance to loan customers and ensures they are aware of specific details concerning their loan. Communicates with customers concerning payoffs, rate changes and other loan information. Provides administrative assistance for loan officers as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A working knowledge of regulations governing the loan process
- Classes through AIB concerning lending
- Experience working with the various loan products offered by a financial institution
- One-year experience in loan operations
- Experience in a detail-oriented environment
- The ability to work in an area where detail and accuracy are extremely important
- The ability to compile data and documentation is necessary
- Must be thorough
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel is important.
- Keyboard and calculator skills are essential
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, dexterity and speech are required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, and the ability to work with detailed information are necessary.
- Updates loan files as current information is received. Clears exceptions with assistance from Loan Officer if needed.
- Provides assistance to loan customers as needed. Answers questions and provides detailed information pertaining to their relationship.
- Provides to administrative assistance to lending officers including disbursement tickets, flood reports, credit reports, homeland tracker reports, and performing maintenance on new and existing credit files.
- Obtains financial statements and tax returns from customers.
- Prepares loan packages to go to Loan Doc Prep.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Effectively cooperates with others, maintains and promotes positive work relationship with peers, subordinates and supervisors, and interacts well with customers (internal or external), even in unfavorable or conflict situations.
- Makes an effort to sell and cross-sell the Bank’s products and services when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required.