Mortgage Loan Officer-Wake County
Builds business relationships with Realtors, builders and developers to assure they are aware of the Bank as a source for mortgage loan consideration for their clients. Originates mortgage loans and works with potential customers to gather and analyze financial credit data for loan consideration. Negotiates mortgage loan rates, terms and conditions. Develops referrals to our local branch when possible.
Knowledge: A business-related college degree is preferred. Requires a thorough knowledge of credit analysis, mortgage loan regulations and compliance procedures. A North Carolina Real Estate Broker license would be helpful. A complete knowledge of mortgage lending products and qualification guidelines is necessary.
Experience: A strong background in sales, mortgage loan origination, processing, underwriting and closing is preferred. Experience should include the administration of packaging and selling loans in the primary market. Business development experience particularly in the market area of New Century Banks is essential.
Skills: Must be detail-oriented and able to excel in a high volume atmosphere. Excellent communications and technical mortgage skills are necessary in dealing with the mortgages of customers, investors, employees and management. Analytical skills are important. Proficiency with keyboard and calculator are required. Familiarity with mortgage lending software is necessary.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, speech and manual dexterity are required. Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, concentration, the ability to interact with others, and the ability to work with detailed information are necessary. Must be able to communicate with customers on an on-going basis. Must be flexible and have the ability to work in pressure situations.
- Develops contacts with local realtors, developers and builders to encourage use of Bank services for residential mortgages.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether loans are acceptable risks. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
- Appraises or arranges for the appraisal of properties.
- Arranges for or conducts title searches and obtains necessary documents.
- Ensures preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for loans.
- Follows current loans to ensure conformity with terms.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagors.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
- Provides referrals to local branch staff.
- Acts as the Bank's representative in the community, being visible to customers and potential customers by representing the Bank in civic and professional organizations in order to promote the Bank's visibility and reputation.
- Remains knowledgeable of the Bank’s services and take opportunities to sell and cross-sell products and services when possible.
- Performs other duties as required.