Is responsible for the efficient operation of the Teller line in the branch assuring quality customer service is provided to new and existing customers. Trains and coaches Tellers for the efficient processing of Teller work and to offer the most appropriate service for the Bank’s customers. Manages the cash flow within the branch by verifying cash and checks that have been deposited. Performs the Teller function regularly. Accurately balances a cash drawer and shows ultimate responsibility in handling cash and bank securities on a daily basis. Assists other Tellers with questions and problems and makes decisions and approvals pertaining to transactions beyond the Teller I, II limit.
Knowledge: Must be a high school graduate or possess equivalent experience. A complete knowledge of the Teller function is essential. Additional training in the areas of accounting, business or finance would be helpful. Knowledge of banking products and services is necessary. Must have a thorough knowledge of basic mathematical calculations and techniques that are required for efficient balancing.
Experience: A minimum of three years experience as a Teller is preferred. Previous customer service experience is necessary in providing customer assistance and in offering additional services to customers. Experience working in a bank operations environment would be an asset in understanding why procedures are set and followed. Supervisory experience would be helpful.
Skills: Excellent communication skills are required to be an effective supervisor. Strong mathematical and balancing skills are necessary. Must have proven customer relations skills through prior experience. Proficiency with a computer and calculator is essential. Must have the ability to deal with high level Teller transactions, and be able to assist others in locating cash in out-of-balance situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech are required. Must have manual dexterity capabilities.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to listen, reason, think, concentrate and interact with others. The ability to exercise self-control and work under stressful conditions is necessary, particularly in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must be able to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Supervises the teller line in the branch office, ensuring that Tellers are trained and that adequate staff is available to meet customer needs.
- Provides leadership to Tellers and promotes the achievement of the Bank's sales goals.
- Operates a paying and receiving teller window, greeting customers, accepting deposits, cashing checks, issuing money orders, and providing other teller services to meet customers' needs. Balances window daily, meeting Bank standards for accuracy and efficiency.
- Recognizes opportunities to recommend Bank products and services and refers customers to appropriate staff members.
- Ensures that security and operational guidelines are followed by the Teller staff.
- Assists in the selection of new Tellers, and completes the performance review process for the Teller staff.
- Inspires teamwork and motivates staff. Gives clear instructions and guidance to subordinates. Sets quantifiable goals for staff. Trains direct reports effectively and assist them with developing new skills.
Performs other duties as required.